Friday, February 29, 2008

What a week

It's been another brutal one folks. I was so burned out yesterday, I didn't blog a word over five blogs. I didn't answer one email. Hell, I didn't even read my email and I slept for ten hours last night. I just have to crawl through today and I'm looking at a few days off though.

Part of the reason I've been stressed is I was nursemaiding a lost puppy for the last couple of days. I don't have time to get into how we came into possession of the little guy but it was take him in or watch him get creamed by the passing traffic, so take him in we did.

He was sweetie. A perky little Jack Russell terrier and it was hard to believe he wasn't just lost from someone in the neighborhood. But we postered and knocked on doors and put out the word in various ways and no one came looking for him. We couldn't keep him so we finally called the dog control officer yesterday. I have to admit a little twinge when I handed him over but the dog guy told me doubted the pup would even make it to the regional pound before someone adopted him. It appears he's probably a purebred and puppies are easy to place. Hope he gets a good home.

Meanwhile, the weather has been cold in the last couple of days (for here) but the daffodils are really cheering. They're blooming in great swaths in the yards and on the roadsides. I saw my first crocus a couple of days ago and I'm betting the first violets are already showing up at my old place although I haven't seen any around the McCompound. The geese are on the move too, so take heart my northern friends. I hear you have a lot of snow up there, but spring really is on its way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home