Saturday, February 23, 2008

View from the deck


I took this shot a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I woke up to an ice storm of sorts. It didn't stick to the road but my car was covered in ice. It took longer to remember where my ice scraper was than it did to break up the ice enough to let the wipers get rid of it. The car wasn't even warm yet when I drove off. The trees iced over too but the flowers weren't bothered by the momentary blast of cold. I enjoyed a even more riotous explosion of pink while sitting on the deck this afternoon. In just a sweater. Definitely the upside of living in the south.

I'm really glad I have this deck otherwise I'd probably never get any fresh air except for taking the trash out, which is a little bit of a hike. Too much of my life resembles this cartoon and the trouble is no matter how much time you spend, you don't change too many minds. Better to watch the moon rise.

I took this shot in late December but I don't think I ever posted it. It in no way conveys how huge it looked hanging there over the clubhouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home