Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

I'm remiss again on posting. We've got a major medical situation going on in the family and I've been a basket case. I'm so distracted I didn't post a thing anywhere yesterday. I'm not sleeping well. I'm having bad dreams. I can't get into the specifics, but send a thought for good outcomes if you would.

Meanwhile, I was saying the other day how when I was a teenager I wanted straight swingy hair. I was plagued for most of my life with a big thick curly mess. I could never go a day without washing it, just to be able to get a comb through it. No way you could brush that mop dry.

When they nuked my thyroid, I lost a lot of hair but it was still wavy, especially if I kept it shorter. But at some point in the last couple of years, it's gone completely straight. Just like I prayed for back in in 1965. In fact I was looking at my haircut the other day and realized two things. It's really short. I took at least inch too much off but this is the exact haircut I was wishing for back then. I think I was channeling Vidal Sassoon when I wielded the scissors.


I also discovered it's really hard to take a picture of yourself in the mirror without getting the camera in the shot.


I tried several times before I gave up. This is best of the lot to get a sense of what I did. I'm always amazed when the back comes out relatively straight since I hack that part off blind. Not my best effort but in a month it will grow out enough to look pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home