Monday, February 25, 2008

Date Line

I had dinner with my friend John last night. I haven't seen him in months. It's hard for me to comprehend he's dying. He still looks healthier than me. Anyway, it was nice to see him. Good to get out of the house. We had a nice meal.

We always end up at the same place, the Mexican joint downtown. There aren't that many choices and I like it. The food isn't great but it's dependably edible. It kind of reminds me of the old Taco Villa back in lovely downtown Noho.

Meanwhile, my silly pink Christmas cactus, after putting on a big show at Thanksgiving has decided to bloom again for Easter I guess. It's setting buds. That plant has astounded me since the day I picked up that one little branch on the stairs in Thornes Market. I was surprised when that twig set roots and it's rewarded my benign semi-neglect with flowers a couple of times a year ever since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home