Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fours years gone

Hard to believe it's been four years since we lost Rob Smith, a/k/a the inimitable Acidman. While the loss doesn't cut quite so painfully as it did when I wrote that memoriam post, I still miss him a lot. To this day, sometimes I'll read something and think, Rob would have loved that story.

I don't really go to the blog there anymore, although I still sometimes get hits from the blogroll. I recall how excited I was to make it on that list. Felt like I had arrived somewhere unfamiliar, even a little scary, but a good and important place. Rob and I couldn't have more different but I still wonder what would have happened if I had been able to take that trip with him. I wonder if he would still be alive if I had been there.

Idle conceit I suppose. Rob was who he is and I probably wouldn't have made any difference at all. But still, I can't help but think, we could have been something if only he had lived. I used to have visions of sitting together, rocking on the porch in our old age and trading stories about our misspent youth. Anyway, that gaping hole in the universe that was created when he left us never filled in for me. Hope he is resting in peace.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM , Blogger DeAnna said...

It is hard to believe isn't it? Adam and I were just talking about how it's been 4 years.
It's also been 4 years since we all hung out in that chat room to share our memories.
I was up the entire night with everyone. It was pretty amazing.

 
At 11:09 PM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think that was the very first time I ever chatted on line. It was amazing. The Rumblers community was amazing. And there was no one like the Acidman. He left us too soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home