Sunday, June 06, 2010

Cherry Picking

Had a great day with sister. She took me cherry picking just over the state line in Virginia. Beautiful orchard with stunning views of the mountains. We arrived hot on the heels of an ambulance. Apparently someone fell out of a tree. Was climbing this ladder listening to the injured guy screaming and moaning in the distance. It was a tall ladder. I went up as far as three rungs from the very top.


Then sis drove me all over creation showing me the sights. Some beautiful country up there. And I finally got to see "Mayberry" which is really Mt. Airy. More going on there than in my little city. She took me to lunch at Goober's place. Very funky.


Not sure why they named it Goober's since it had more of hippie beach vibe and there wasn't even a picture of him in the place, but the food was fabulous. My sister is so good to me. She really rocks.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Blogger rockync said...

It was a great day! And now I feel a zoo trip coming on...

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh yeah. I love the zoo... ;~)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home