Sunday, June 13, 2010

House of the Week

Now that my sister's real estate office is established I'm thinking of making this a recurring feature. Knowing me, it won't actually be exactly weekly, but she does get some really great listings in really beautiful areas of North Carolina so I'll do it more than once anyway.

I'm just enchanted by this place on 609 Rock Hill Church Rd in Ararat. The house itself doesn't look that glamorous, but comfy and very liveable. I love the old-fashioned kitchen and probably wouldn't update it much except for the appliances if I bought it. And while it's not very modern, it's got good electric capacity and central air. And really love the giant oak tree and the views.

But what really makes me want this one is the brook with the little waterfalls. Good natural water features are a rare commodity in the south and you can hear it from the deck. Not hard to imagine sitting out there with a cold drink and listening to it on a cool summer night.

Great price too. Only $121,900 for 8 acres, 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. More details and lots more listings at the link.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Blogger rockync said...

Thanks for the feature! This is a funky old house but I know you would love the bank of cabinets along one wall which were taken from the original homeplace and used in this house. Not sure exactly how old they are but they are very functional and a pleasing architectural detail. The waterfall is great and shallow enough to climb to the top.

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I kind of love the red countertops too. Glad you liked the feature.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home