Saturday, June 26, 2010

Falling apart

I am so screwed friends. I'm so desperate for a job I applied yesterday to be a server in a ribs joint for 2 nights a week. The good news is it was a very short application. The bad news is before I left the woman who took it, asked for my birthday. She made it pretty clear that I'm too old for the job. That's not even legal of course, but who's going to sue over a two night job? I didn't get the good bartending job either. I see the ad is out of the paper.

But that's not the worst part. I got a letter from the bank. They cut off my credit card. I was depending on that to pay my bills this month. I won't even be able to afford my medications now, much less buy food. Not that the food is so important. I don't eat much anyway and I have enough in the cupboards to last a while. Besides I'm so upset I haven't been to able to eat anyway. I can barely hold down the food. Not to mention the heat is making me sick. I haven't turned on my AC because I was trying to keep the electric bill down. It averages from 85 to 90 in the apartment and it's too hot to eat anything but pasta salad. It doesn't help that I haven't been able to sleep more than five hours for a week since I was already freaking about the job situation. I wake up in a panic. Sometimes I vomit. I lost five pounds this week.

I don't think I've ever felt this desperate in my life. I have nothing worth selling to raise cash. How I got here is a long story that I'm not ready to tell yet. All I can say for right now is I made a lot of decisions based on promises that weren't kept.

At this point I have no choice but to plead for help. I know times are tough for everyone, and some of you have already helped me before, but I'm hoping people can hit my paypal button and give me $5.55. Why 555? Because paypal takes the extra change to process the donation. Of course any amount will help and if you would rather just send five bucks in the mail, email me for my address.

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

5 Comments:

At 11:41 AM , Blogger DeAnna said...

I hope you're ok.
I've posted a link to your blog on mine....not that anyone reads me much anymore.

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger mahakal said...

Wish I could afford it, but I sent anyway. I just started a new job and I should get paid something on Friday, even if I don't know how I'm eating this week either.

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

De! So long, no see. So glad to see you. I didn't think you were even posting anymore. I see somehow you got dropped off my blogroll. I'll put you back on and thanks so much for passing the link on.

Mahakal, thanks so much for the support but don't leave yourself short. I expect you need to eat more than I do. At my age, you don't really need that many calories.

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger DeAnna said...

I know I don't comment much but I'm still reading everyday.
I'll send something via paypal soon. I know what it's like to feel desperate. It will get better. Life is all about the ebb and flow, isn't it? :)

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey De. Thanks so much for the support. And yeah, life is about the ebb and flow, but when you'e 58 years old, suddenly it feels like it's more ebb... :~)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home