Tuesday, August 03, 2010

So tired

Sorry, I've been MIA again. This little part time job has been kicking my butt. I'm not used to standing still for such long hours and it's been killing my back, which disturbs my sleep, which leaves me tired. But the good news is, I seem to getting to used to it. It's a little less taxing with every shift. I imagine I'll toughen up as time goes on but now thinking I was lucky only to find part time work until I build some strength.

I've also had to do some shopping to conform with the dress code. I have plenty of black pants but looking for cheap but presentable red shirts has been a challenge. With what they're paying me, I don't want to spend a fortune on clothes for this gig. Finally scored a couple at the local church thrift shop for only two bucks apiece.

One of them was a really nice silk shirt that will be perfect without the smock. I forgot that silk bleeds though, and I'm pretty loose about mixing colors and whites when I do my laundry, so I ended up with a whole lot more pink underwear and a couple of more pink tshirts that I had when I put the clothes in the washer. I should have bought those color catcher sheets I guess. Maybe it's not too late.

Anyway, I'm off to work this afternoon, but I'll try to post again tonight and give you the hilarious highlights of my training sessions so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home