Saturday, July 17, 2010

Libby's Lazy Cookbook

I tend not to fuss too much with cooking for myself so I'm always looking for easy but healthy meals. Picked up this recipe from Roger Ebert today when I checked into Twitter. Don't usually count calories, but this one comes with count. The whole batch is about 700 calories. Divide by 4 and throw in two corn tortillas and you're looking at about 285 calories for a really filling, tasty, and nutritious meal.

3 cloves garlic
1 small onion
a pinch of cayenne or chipotle pepper (adjust to taste)
1 Can Black Beans, drained
1/2 of a 10oz bag frozen corn (or 1 can, drained)
1/2 of 14 oz jar of salsa

Dice onion and garlic.
Saute in non-stick pan until soft and fragrant.
Add cayenne.
Add beans and corn.
Add salsa.
Heat through, stirring occasionally.
Serve with warm corn tortillas.

I hate corn tortillas so I would use flour ones instead. I'd add ground cumin and throw in one of those tiny cans of chopped green chile and I'd also add fresh chopped tomato and little grated cheese at the end. But it looks like a great meal. Picture at the link.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home