Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Working for a living

Well I didn't want to say anything sooner, since I'm superstitious and didn't want to jinx it, but it appears I do have a job at the big box store. It's not much of a job. It's not at all clear how many hours I'll get out of it. In fact, it's not even a job yet since it appears there's about another million hours of orientation to go through but I am in possession of my official new hire folder and went through the first two hours of orientation today.

Have to go back Saturday for a few hours of watching videos on how to be a good employee I guess. And then there's another training session which I assume will cover how to operate the cash register.

The worst part is I'm going to have to buy some clothes. I got the black pants covered. Hell most of everything I own is black but I don't have any white or red shirts. It appears I can get away with just a white tshirt though if I do the shirt and vest thing so that's okay. I saw Walgreens was selling generic white tshirts for 4 for ten bucks. Guess I'll go pick up a couple.

Anyway, I have a job. I won't make enough to pay the bills but it's a start. And it appears I'll get an employee discount card, so there's that.

2 Comments:

At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got the job. Work it until you find something better. Cat

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Cat. It's good in some ways to be out and about interacting in meat space, so there's that. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home