Thursday, August 05, 2010

Here comes the rain again

Thank the storm gods for this boomer. Think we're just getting glanced here in the little city. Big stuff seems be happening south, but it was enough to cool things off. Temps dropped five degrees in ten minutes and the air is better. It was just unbreathable this afternoon. Worse humidity this summer that I've seen since I've moved south. Weather report told me it was 86 degrees but felt like 96. Now it feels sort of like low 80s which I'm comfortable with.

Meanwhile, think my big box store training is finally over. Spent six straight hours doing the last computer tests last night. Not hard but mind numbingly boring. I was so brain dead by the end, I missed a turn on the way home and for a moment didn't know where the hell I was.

Didn't figure out until the end that you don't have to take the lessons, you just have to pass the tests. But it was okay, the lessons I paid attention to were the ones about the different stuff we're supposed to try to sell and I actually wanted to know about those. Once I get the routine operations down, I'll probably try to sell some, even though almost no one else does. What the hell, you get a commission for it. At this pay rate, every little bit helps.

Wondering if I'm going to get my own drawer tomorrow. It should be interesting if I do. Sort of trial by fire. It's tax free weekend and I'm told it's very busy. At least the time will go fast.

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM , Blogger DeAnna said...

Glad to see you're getting settled in over there.

If anything, you'll probably get some good stories to tell about Kmart customers!

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey De, The customers are actually pretty normal for the most part. At least so far. The most interesting part has been the jewelery. I've seen some great necklaces and one woman was so enthusiastic about her hematite set, that came with a matching bracelet and anklet. Swears it cured her aches and pains.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home