Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I survived

I'm just home from the surgery which turned out to be much bigger than they expected. To the extent that I understand what happened, my surgeon pulled off a minor miracle and was able to save the facial nerve, although I'm currently suffering some temporary paralysis. In any event I'm too drugged out on pain killers to really blog but I'm happy to report that I don't remember anything about the actual surgery. The last thing I remember beforehand was them saying it's time and starting to wheel me out of the prep room. Never even saw the hallway.

And the first thing I remember after is waking up in the recovery room. Meanwhile, I'm off to doze between doses of the medications I have to take for a few days. The anitbiotic has to be taken every six hours. Guess I'll have to set my alarm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home