Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dead malls, southern style

I've been trying to exercise more on my days off. Instead of driving around and doing errands the other day while I was doing laundry, I took a walk through the shopping center. It's really big. It has its own named roads but they're just parking lots lining a long and sprawling themed strip mall. It's kind of a quasi frontier/historic vibe. It has its own little museum of rusted farm equipment that's never open, a railroad caboose that's always locked and a strange and varied mix of businesses. It takes about fifteen minutes to walk the length of it.


Parking regulations....



are strictly enforced.



But no need to worry for the shoppers. There really aren't any to speak of. I've never seen any of the lots even close to full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home