Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fly the friendly skies

I'm clearly losing my mind. The last thing I should be spending money on is traveling but I just booked a flight to Atlanta to see my ex for a couple of days. Cheapoflights made me offer I couldn't refuse. It turned out to be a bit more expensive than they led you to believe of course. Add almost a hundred bucks between the taxes and fees, but still a good price and I need to get out of town for a couple of days for my mental health. It works out cheaper than a shrink.

Besides I've haven't flown anywhere in a year and a half and I'm feeling the itch to get on a bus in the sky. And I'll certainly get plenty of air time. There's always a hitch to these cheap tickets. I have to fly north to go south. I have a stop at Dulles but it's only an hour layover and I've never been there.

I don't mind the extra fly time really. I really love airports. The mometary intimacy with strangers - the instant camarderie when you find a fellow traveler among the bored tourists and the harried businessmen. People will tell you stuff when they think they'll never see you again. Maybe some use that 30 minutes at the bar as a sort of confessional before they dare gravity for a few hours - just in case. All I know is, I've learned things I probably shouldn't know at airport bars.

Anyway, I'll be in Hotlanta Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Can't wait to have a Flying Biscuit. I hope they're still as good as they used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home