Saturday, October 28, 2006

Blame it on the rain

Well I just fell apart yesterday folks. It was raining all day. I had to get up at the crack of dawn after only six hours of sleep and work all morning. Then I went to look at an apartment in town. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening staring blankly at the computer, trying unsuccessfully to put some posts together. Sometimes you just need a day off.

I'm not taking the apartment. It was sweet but the description was a bit misleading. It said it had a large kitchen and living room but the kitchen was part of the living room, basically a sink and a few cabinets in the corner of the room. I was expecting an eat-in kitchen. Not enough windows either. It was sweet and well kept and the yard and location was fabulous but it was just too expensive for the amount of space. But the real deal breaker for me was the electric heat and the power lines that cut through the yard. I don't how I didn't notice that on the drive by.

Meanwhile, I keep driving by the overpriced junk and funk house. It's still empty and I see the guy put another ad on Craig's list for it. I love that he's calling the yard well landscaped. It actually does have some sweet plantings but they're way overgrown and in bad need of serious maintainence. I may still go look at it and try to talk him down to a better rent if it's at all habitable. There's just something about that place that calls me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home