Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Baby you can drive my car...

It was a long day and tomorrow's going to be longer. I have a feeling it's going to be a very long week. It appears I'm about to get a new car. Well my family is giving me an old car because they're buying a new one. It will no doubt change my life.

I'm not thrilled about going back to a stick, but I'll actually be able to drive out of this little town once in while and figure out what's going on in the big city. However, it's a bad week to be figuring out how to transfer titles and insurance and stuff and that's my job. The DMV site is not a lot of help. I'm hoping my insurance agent will just be able to tell me what needs to be done. The worst part is, I'm giving them the Ford to use as a trade in so I'll have to clean it up before I give it to them. I didn't drive it enough to get it really trashy but still it's still a chore I don't need on a work week.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the trade. I loved the Ford really and it served me well. I didn't put more than $600 in it in six years. But the trip down here took its toll, it was never the same and I never drove it enough to get that attached to it. It will be good to have a dependable vehicle again.

The deal appears to be imminent and I had an omen about it on the way home tonight. When I got to the end of the neighborhood, there was a deer just standing in the road. She stood there for a long time but not long enough for me to get the camera out of the bag. I drove down that way anyway, in hopes that she was lingering in the thin brush but no luck. However I saw a bunny hanging out on the roadside in the same spot. He was camera shy as well but he looked right at me for good long moment before he hopped off. I took it as good sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home