Thursday, March 18, 2004

Luck O' The Irish

Well I hope you all had as good a St. Paddy's Day as I did. It's my favorite holiday and City Cafe has always been the traditional place in lovely downtown Noho to celebrate the occasion. Now renamed as Tully O'Reilly's Pub, the scene was just as raucous by any name and as always, I saw a lot of folks that only come out this one day a year. By the time I got there after work, the place was elbow to elbow. I only managed to snag a stool because my dear friend Louise saved me one.

Louise looked stunning in her green top. I don't own anything green myself anymore but there were more than enough party favors so everyone in the place was wearing shamrocks except for this one really spooky guy with a knit cap that literally looked like a skull. It was pulled down low on his head and he had very realistic looking fake tattoo lines snaking across his face. In this town that wasn't so odd but the black letter jacket with huge spiked armored plates on the shoulders definitively stood out in the crowd.

I regretfully made an early exit this year as I had a road trip planned for first thing this morning. Just as I was ready to walk out the door however, it was cancelled. I was sorry about that but at least my car is clean of snow for the moment. Now that it's out of the snowbank I guess I'll put it in the parking garage tonight so I don't have to dig it out all over again tomorrow. It's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home