Sunday, March 14, 2004

drugwarrant.com
Welcome Home

Oh yeah, Pete is back from New York and is posting up a storm on Drug War Rant apparently before he even unpacks. He's got the latest on drug czar John Walters' license to lie as granted by our government's General Accounting Office, who state:

Even though the statements may have been controversial, they were made within the context of ONDCP's statutory responsibilities, which include taking such actions as necessary to oppose efforts to legalize certain controlled substances such as marijuana.

The Deputy Director's statements about marijuana are thus within the statutory role assigned to ONDCP. Given this role, we do not see a need to examine the accuracy of the Deputy Director's individual statements in detail.


What? Did they really mean to say that? Read the post. It only gets more bizarre. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm living in a Fellini movie.

Pete also has the latest on the drug war thread at the John Kerry Internet Town Meeting. Oddly enough, I was just checking its status this weekend, having had no time lately to participate. The original thread made it to 63 pages and was closed down by the moderators in late February. I was glad to find out it had morphed into five separate threads. I think I'll check out the agricultural hemp one first, an issue dear to my ecological heart that I do not know enough about yet.

With planting season arriving in the farming states, I think the time is ripe for an educational project to do some kind of lit distribution at forums like farmer's markets. Many are funded by public money and could not legally deny a ag-hemp organization a space to disseminate some knowledge and what more natural place to convert those who do not smoke but like to grow, to the beneficial nature of this plant?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home