Tuesday, March 16, 2004

beatrixwillius.de
Waiting For the Sun

We're supposed to be having a nor'easter today, but so far this storm has managed to dump maybe two inches in seven hours. This is not a nor'easter but in way it's more dangerous to drive in because it's not. When the roads get slick with so little snow, it just becomes a skating rink. If you go off the road you don't hit a nice soft snowbank, you hit a tree. I was glad I don't drive to work.

They say it's going to leave 7 to 12 inches by tomorrow morning but I'll believe that when I see it. The storm was breaking into the cosmic circle I told you about, on the last weather map I saw of the valley and has been working hard for the last couple of hours to leave another inch on the ground.

Meanwhile, Blogger is having a hardware problem today so I'm not going to post again till the morning. I'd like to complain about it but the support crew is so responsive and it happens so rarely. Not to mention, having dealt with my own server meltdowns, I tend to have a lot of empathy for the guys trying to solve the problem.

I'll probably turn in early again tonight. I'm dreaming again for first time in a very long while and they have been so vivid, I seem to need more sleep. Someone told me this is a side effect of the nicotine replacements. I tend to believe it because although my dreams are otherwise all different, I dream about cigarettes at some point every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home