Friday, March 05, 2010

Small miracles

A new internet friend sent me a bunch of really nice photos. This was my favorite. It reminds me of The Shire in The Hobbit. I'd like to walk that trail. [Click to make it bigger to get the full effect]


And this story intrigued me. A Chinese nun finds a flower under her washing machine that they say only blooms every 3000 years. "Local temples believe the mini blooms are specimens of the miraculous Youtan Poluo flower - called 'Udumbara' or 'Udambara' in Sanskrit, meaning 'an auspicious flower from heaven.'" You can see a photo of them at this link. They're not much to look at; kind of reminded me of ghost mushrooms, but still think it's a really cool story. Hoping it's an omen that the world is going to get a little more peaceful. Feels like everything is so crazy lately.

2 Comments:

At 4:39 PM , Blogger vera said...

Where is this lovely trail?

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I wish I knew Vera. I'd be there in a heartbeat myself. The photos were sent to me without captions. But if I had to guess, I'd venture it's a walking trail somewhere on the coast of Great Britain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home