Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Lost another friend

The Grim Reaper has been so greedy in the last few years. I've lost yet another friend way too soon. Joe Kennedy was only 49 years old. Of course, I haven't seen him in years and I wouldn't say we were close, but back in the day he was a fixture in my social circle.

He was an odd guy. Really big and tall and sort of goofy in a "not the brightest bulb in the lamp" kind of way. I sometimes wondered if he was slightly retarded. But he was very good natured and the joy on his face when he was allowed to sit in on a jam session with some band and play his harmonica just lit up the whole room.

He broke my finger once, by accidently slamming it in a car door. He was practically sobbing in the parking lot over it and for months later he could never look me in the eye. I guess he felt guilty even though it was clearly just a silly mistake. I can't say I'm going to miss him so very much since I haven't even thought about him in a very long time, but he was a good soul without a mean bone in his very large body. There's not enough like him anymore. It's a loss to the world. Rest in peace, Joe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home