Saturday, February 20, 2010

When I was young

This guy was in front of a gem shop not too far from the house where I grew up. As I recall, the shop sold fossils too. The last time I went there, I was a teenager. I couldn't afford a fossil, but I bought a couple of polished gemstones for about 25 cents. Of all the things I've lost along the way, I still have those. I hear the shop and the Pink Dino are long gone. [Photo thanks to Marc A. Catone]

In other news it's a beautiful day in the little city. The daffodils are still sprouting and I see something that looks like iris popping up. Even more exciting, a couple of lilies just broke through the ground. Won't be long before the little city busts out all over in flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home