Saturday, February 06, 2010

No Snowpocalyse

I got an urgent robocall from the little city saying to be prepared for a 72 hour power outage. We were supposed to get a big ice storm and so I duly battled the crowds at the grocery store to lay in supplies. I got out my candles. I got books to read from the library. I even bought a bag of kitty litter for the car in case I had to go out and got stuck on ice.

Of course, we got nothing. It was little sleety yesterday morning but that soon turned to rain and it didn't ice the roads last night that I can see. Traffic seems to be moving at its usual pace. There are few flurries out there right now, so maybe we'll still get something, but it looks like the big prize winners are north of us. Got a slow start in DC but I don't think anyone is laughing now. I'm hearing they already have a foot of snow.

Meanwhile, at some point in the next 24 hours, I'm going to get brave and upgrade the template so I can switch over to Blogger comments, since Haloscan going to officially die in a few days. So if the blog disappears for a little while, don't give up on me. I'm going to keep the same URL and see how much I lose in the archives. Hoping it will just be the comments, and I think they'll disappear anyway when Haloscam goes. [graphic]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home