Sunday, February 14, 2010

No turning back now

Okay. I changed the template. No changing my mind. The old format is gone and so it that ugly code at the top, so there's that. As I feared, there's no way to save the old comments from Haloscan so they're lost and I'm going to miss them. Obviously, I still have to customize the template quite a bit to get back the links and other sidebar stuff. But I nearly had a nervous breakdown finally clicking on the "change this blog forever" button, so I think I'll work on that in stages. At the moment, my photo upload button seems to have disappeared so I'm glad I posted my Valentine first.

Anyway, what do you think? I hated all the templates but this was the one I hated the least. I liked the formatting on this one the best and I'm planning to change some of the colors I think. Not really fond of the dark ones on the sidebar. I suppose we'll all get used to it. At least I didn't lose the URL addy, so there's that as well.

6 Comments:

At 5:52 PM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Testing the comment system. Seems to be working.

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger rockync said...

Change is always difficult but I think this looks good.
A little tweaking and it will probably grow on you also.

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think it's going to take a lot of tweaking until I like it again but I'm really glad to get rid of the code at the top.

Forgot about the downside of Blogger comments is that the spammers hit them. Already deleted three since I got rid of the Haloscan. That was the real plus of that commenting system. Spammers never got through.

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger rockync said...

Don't forget to put up the Impolitic link - I've gotten used to clicking here and then following the link there.

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Cripes. The spammers are horrible. May have to adjust the comment filter I guess.

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Holding off on the sidebar until I figure out this customize thingy. It appears it wants me to upgrade the template again to get that feature. Which means I'll lose all the modifications I make in the html. Gah. Don't know why they let you upgrade to a template that can't access that feature.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home