Friday, August 15, 2008

Hummers

I was going to post about this last night but I came home and found that my internet access disappeared. It's a little dicey here, because I don't pay Time Warner directly, I get my access through the complex. The waits for service were estimated at two hours so I gave up for this morning. It was still a long wait. I spent most of the morning on hold by the time management here at the McCompound gave me a direct line to a tech that services our main account. It only took two minutes to fix. Gah.

Anyway, I hadn't put up the hummingbird feeder this year because I had only seen the little guys a couple of times and with my current financial situation I didn't want to spend money on it. But last week one of the little hummers buzzed me on the deck and just hovered there, ranting me out for failing to feed him so I broke down and spent the five bucks for food. Silly really not to have done it sooner. I only seem to have the three hummers and they don't eat much. I probably have a two year supply at the rate they're going through it.

So they're back and it's cheering to see them stopping by. They're already brave enough to eat while I'm sitting there as long as I don't move suddenly. Of course, I also have some kind of wasps that love the stuff. I watched one eat so much yesterday that he looked drunk. He kind of fell off the feeder and could barely fly. It was pretty funny but I brought the fly swatter out so I can kill them. I think they bother the birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home