Thursday, June 05, 2008

On the mend

I can't believe I haven't posted again. I'm on the mend and am back to work but I end up pretty worn out at the end of the day so posting has been light. Always hoping that this will be the weekend I catch up but for now, I'm off again for a few hours of duty so here's an amusing marijuana story.

BACK ON DRUGS As a test of airport security, a customs officer planted marijuana in the side pocket of a random suitcase at Narita International Airport in Tokyo, the BBC reports (news.bbc.co.uk).

The test failed when the sniffer dogs were unable to detect the pot. But the officer could not remember which bag he had used.

Using an actual passenger’s suitcase is against regulations, and the airport’s customs service has apologized.

Meanwhile, the marijuana is still out there. “Anyone finding the package has been asked to contact customs officials,” according to the BBC. So far, nobody has spoken up.

Even if you weren't a consumer, considering the excesses of the war on some drugs, would you turn it in? I wouldn't. I'd be afraid it was some kind of setup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home