Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day

The picnics are about over and the fireworks are brightening up the night skies. The firecrackers and cherry bombs are exploding all over my neighborhood as I sit here. I wrote about peace today. I thought about war and I hope those sixteen cards I sent to Iraq are cheering up some soldier today.

Take a moment to remember our troops tonight who sit where the fireworks are for real and happen every day, and also take a moment to remember the 56 men who gave us this reason to celebrate over 200 years ago. And keep in mind that these patriots who founded our nation were political dissenters who were called traitors by those who ruled their government.

They too loved their country enough to fight to save it from leaders who didn't rule for the commonweal. We should be willing to do no less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home