Friday, June 02, 2006

Welcome to the bloggerhood

I have to run up to the big house and work for a few hours this afternoon. I'll be back and hoping to clear some drug war news out of the inbox tonight. In the meantime say hello to Eric Sterling at his relatively new blog, Justice and Drugs.

I have to say I'm a little put off by this from his bio:

Mr. Sterling was the principal staff attorney in the House of Representatives involved in the development of the mandatory minimum sentences for drug offenses in 1986 and 1988.

As far as I'm concerned, mandatory minimums are the at root of what's wrong with drug policy. Yet he also says he is working for sentenicing reform so perhaps he's seen the error of his ways. I haven't had time to check out his current positions, but in any event, he's well versed on the issues and we're adding him to the blogroll. Check it out. You're bound to learn something.

Update: I have exchanged emails with Eric since I posted this and it turns out we know each other slightly and have friends in common. He does not support mandatory minimums in any way and has been working diligently for reform for decades. We're lucky to have him on our side, so really, please click on over and give him some support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home