Thursday, June 01, 2006

The power of dreams

Well as you can see, Blogger let me back into the house. I guess my clearance from Homeland Security finally arrived so here's one I tried to post a couple of days ago.

I had to work for a few hours this afternoon but I stopped at the store on the way home to find out I could get in on the first day of powerball. I'm so absurdly happy. It brings a little balance to my life. I played the big game twice a week when I lived in Noho. I played the same numbers for years and didn't win more than a free ticket a few times. Maybe once I won six bucks. Chances are I'll never win the big jackpot, I'm just not lucky that way.

Sure I would have been better off putting the money in the bank. I would be a couple of thousand ahead over ten years but I wouldn't have had the pleasure of deciding what to do with my winnings. I've spent many a idle moment planning the ultimate celebration party. When the jackpots get really big, I've created a foundation to administer the trust fund for my friends. I even have an emergency plan ready for the unlikely event that I ever win.

Oddly, I couldn't remember my usual numbers today when confronted so abruptly with the option to play. I picked a combo I didn't really want but everyone was watching me so I took it instead of asking for a new card. Like I'm going to win anyway. But I took the card home so I can study the feng shui of the choices. I understand feng shui is the hot new path to contentment but I don't really care if I win. The fun is in playing.

Powerball tickets. Best one dollar dream on the market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home