Saturday, May 27, 2006

Conspiracy theories?

These two items got my drug war discussion board all fired up. Me, I'm not making any judgment calls. I've believed for a long time that government intelligence agencies have been running drugs. Unfortunately, the mainstream press is never interested in running with the stories so a single source's veracity is hard to judge. The tragic case of Gary Webb and his groundbreaking series the Dark Alliance is a case in point. I knew Gary personally and had no doubt he uncovered a major conspiracy and he was drummed out of journalism for it.

So, I have no problem believing the dope plane recently busted in Mexico was directly connected to the CIA. It would certainly explain why we haven't heard anything else about this story from an administration that is usually so interested in trumpeting its "successes" in the war on some drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home