Saturday, June 03, 2006

The 100 word story

Inspired by Elisson, who often offers up a stellar tale, I've been wanting to take a stab at this meme. I like the idea. Exactly one hundred words to tell a story. So here's my first try.

Staring at the computer screen, she was struck again by a sense of deja vu so heavy it weighed on her like a physical presence .

"I've been here before," she thought. "Read these words, seen these images, formed these same thoughts. Perhaps it was yesterday, or last week?"

The heaviness passes and she feels mutable, like a rainbow sliding across the face of a soap bubble, untethered to linear time.

"I wonder if trees feel like this?"

Then shaking her head slightly, she smiled.

“I have to get out more,” she said out loud, to no one in particular.


It's not as easy as it looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home