Monday, May 02, 2005

Bye to the beach

It's my last day here and I'm happy to report that the weather was perfect today. I actually put on my shorts and tank top and sat in the sun. In fact I managed to burn my knees. Oddly enough, one is worse than the other. Of course I could I done that in the hot tub last night. I spent a good two hours in there talking to my fellow travelers, two of who were a charming couple who live near me at home. They want to fix me up with their neighbor.

They upgraded the hotel since I was there in September and my room is actually nice this time. I almost wish I had stayed there the whole time instead of taking the condo. It's really nice to have the balcony right on the beach and I had more conversations last night than I did for a week at the condo. Not to mention I saw dolphins swimming off shore this morning from the balcony.

Oh well, it's too late to look back. It was a trade off for the computer access and with the crummy weather I guess that was better. Besides I hate blogging from internet cafes even though this one in Atlantic Beach is really nice. I can actually see the sea while I type and they have a really great bathroom here.

In any event, having spent the day simply lying in the sun, I have no adventures to report and the weather is supposed to fall apart again so I'm ready to go home. I'm on the road tomorrow so don't look for me before the evening hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home