Saturday, April 30, 2005

By the sea

Well the weather station keeps telling me its in the high 70s today but yesterday was warmer on the beach and they were saying it was in the 60s. It's all about the wind here and it's really windy today. The sea is way up again so the ferry was out and I wore my longjohns and sneakers on my walk.

I met my neighbor "Bill" on the beach. It's a funny thing. You would think that someone who's worked with the public for as long as I have would be better with names. Turns out his name is really Greg and the other guy I met yesterday is Buck, not Larry. Greg tells me Buck is a former state Congressman from New Jersey.

Greg is surprisingly nice for a rich guy. He thought I assumed he was a Republican because he's from the South but as I told him, anyone who could afford that condo is either a Republican or a Libertarian and he looked way too straight for the latter. It was nice to have someone to walk on the beach with and we had a great discussion on politics but unfortunately, he was on his way back to Raleigh this afternoon. He says he's going to check out the blogs when he gets back. I hope he emails to let me know what he thought.

If he was going to stay around I may have kept the condo for a couple more days because I enjoyed the conversation but I finally broke down this afternoon and booked the room at the Ramada down the road. It's a horrible hotel. I stayed there in September and it's a bit rundown but all the rooms are oceanfront and they have good balconies and there's a bar and restaurant. I realized this morning that I've been here almost a week and haven't had any fresh seafood yet. I feel like I should have a crab sandwich or something before I leave and I'll be more motivated to get out if I only have a room instead of this apartment. I've been nuking food all week because it's easier but I can do that at home. It feels kind of dumb not to be eating fresh fish by the sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home