Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Beach life

I'm moving even slower today after yesterday's jaunt down the beach. The sun is finally breaking through right now but the wind is coming up so it was actually warmer this morning when I had my coffee but it looks like it might be a pleasant enough afternoon. I'm about to try the hot shower trick again and go down for a while but today I really am going to try to keep the walk short.

It's hard because I love shelling and once I start I lose track of time. It's been pretty good here since there's been no competition. It's not a great beach for shells in general but I've found some very interesting specimens, the prize so far being one I can't identify. It's like a white hollow tube that spirals up to form a little minaret at the top.

Meanwhile my sightseeing plans have been shot to hell so far. I was excited about taking a helicopter ride but the cheapest one is almost $300. Even if I could find three other people to go with me, it's pretty stiff for what is certain to be about a 15 minute ride. I've been hoping to get to the National Seashore as well, where I hear the shelling is really great but so far the sea has not looked conducive to sailing. You can only get there by ferry and the whitecaps are really high again today since there is some kind of storm just offshore. Still hoping to get there before I leave though. I understand you can see the wild ponies on the way over as well.

But for now, I'm off to the beach for the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home