Thursday, April 28, 2005

A moment of warmth

Well with all this beach walking I've been doing this week, I've been sleeping like a rock. Yesterday's stroll turned out to be quite pleasant. It got warm enough in the sun to ditch the sneakers and walk barefoot along the edge of the sea. Not only that but I also got warm enough to sit in the sun with just a tank top so I even got a little tan.

I managed to keep the walk down to two hours and it was easier on my back since I've already got nice specimens of the common shells so I'm a lot more selective over what I'm willing to bend down to get. Find of the day was a shark's tooth and it's a beauty. I was pretty excited since in all the decades I've been beachcombing, I've never found one and this one is huge. It's this incredible color that changes from obsidian black in the shade to this sort of translucent midnight blue in the sun.

Meanwhile, It's cold here again this morning but the sun is shining and the sea is flat. I'm toying with the idea of trying to get to the national seashore at Cape Lookout this afternoon. I'd like to find some fancy shells before I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home