Friday, May 24, 2013

Scenes from my past - Part Fourteen

This was our private playground when I was a teen, long before they turned it into Tarywile Park. It was a private estate at the time. My boyfriend in high school was related to the family who owned it. They were the poor relations. His father ran the dairy farm that was part of the estate. So we got to roam those hundreds of acres of woods and fields by ourselves. There was a big pond where we sometimes had bonfires. There was a ruined castle but we never went inside it. It was dangerous even then. This photo reminded me of those golden years. [John Andrew Zanzal photo]



[Photos are better if you click on them to embiggen.]

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM , Anonymous marcus said...

wow Libby....very nice!

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I've had a better life than I probably deserved.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home