Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Scenes from my past - Part Ten

This postcard says it's the high school, but by the time I went there they had a built a new, bigger one outside of town. So I went to this school in the eight grade. My homeroom was on the right hand corner of the building, third floor. The state college was right next to it.

When I was four years old we lived a block away from here. I remember walking past the school to play on the stairs to the college campus while we waited to meet my Dad.

Across the street was an elderly woman who was my mother's friend. Don't really remember her but recall she gave me Vienna cookies. And I can still envision the massive front door with a big oval glass window and lace curtains. [photo via]



[Photos are better if you click on them to embiggen.]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home