Friday, May 17, 2013

Scenes from my past - Part Eleven

Before I-84 was built we drove past the Pink Dinosaur many times. Even after the highway was there, I would make a point to drive on the slow road just to say hello. Sometimes I went into the store. It was a small little mineral shop run by old guy who really loved rocks as much I do. It's gone now, but I still have a gem I bought there around 1970. It's basically a small bit of tumbled smoky quartz. Think I paid a nickel for it, but maybe it was 25 cents. It was called an Apache Tear.

I think the low white building was a bowling alley. I bowled there a few times but mostly we went to the Bowl-a-Rama in town. They had the best pinball machines ever.



[Photos are better if you click on them to embiggen.]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home