Saturday, September 03, 2011

I left my heart in San Francisco

Actually, I've never been to San Francisco, but thinking of the song because I love this kind of stuff.
The world's largest kinetic toothpick sculpture, 'Rolling Through the Bay', is not just a standard work of art. It took sculptor Scott Weaver 3,000 hours and 100,000 toothpicks to construct it. Those 3,000 hours were also distributed over 34 years, making this a life's work! The only other material used was Elmer's Glue.


I'm so impressed by this kind of project. I tried to build a house out of popsicle sticks once. Or maybe it was matchsticks. It wasn't very big. I never finished it. I think I ended up turning the one wall into a raft and sending it down a river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home