Friday, August 05, 2011

Reports of this blog's death are greatly exaggerated

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. And I really am going to start posting here more often again someday. It's just that my life changed so dramatically. I went from having a miserable existence, with virtually no life at all, to a life so full, I don't have time to talk about it. And with what little time I have, I've been posting to my political blogs.

Anyway, I'm still going out with the ex-Marine. It's a strange friendship, since we're so different, but somehow it's working. He took me literally to the middle of nowhere last week, to a great barbecue joint. It's down a quarter of a mile gravel road in the middle of a farm. It's only open two days a week. It's in a huge old barn with a stage and stadium seating on one side. Probably seats 1.000 people. Well, maybe a few hundred, but they have a bluegrass band every night. And clog dancers. I'm talking old guys in denim coveralls clicking their shoes on the dance floor.

Had a great chat with the cashier, who was 92 years old. And the food was great. Limited menu, but all you can eat. All the years I've lived in the south now, it was my first authentic barbecue. It was worth the wait.

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM , Blogger rockync said...

I'm glad you are getting some time off to discover the true South. There are some really nice surprises here. We need to get together soon for lunch or something.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home