Sunday, June 05, 2011

My day at the Biltmore

I just realized I never posted the pictures from my day trip to the Biltmore Estate. It was great trip. Lovely day and my "date" was good company.


The house was impressive but frankly, I found it to be too much for the most part. Oppressively opulent is the best way I can describe it, although I did like the conservatory, the family dining room and especially the library. You can't take photos inside in any event and really I loved the grounds better. The mountain views were breathtaking in person.


And the picture of the series of pools as seen from the terrace doesn't really do them justice.


My very favorite part of the whole estate was the walled gardens and the greenhouse. It takes forever to upload photos on this old computer though, so those will be my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home