Sunday, March 14, 2010

What are these flowers?

Have to stop giving a timetable. It never fails when I say on here I'm going to get something done in a specific time frame that something happens to stop me. I really wanted to get the upgrade finished but I got violently ill last night and been punky all day. So you get my last two pictures from earlier in the week instead of the blogroll back.

Hoping somebody can tell me what these flowers are. Seem to recall I went through this last year and it took a really long time to figure out. And of course, I forgot what they're called, but this year I have better pictures. I really like the flowers.




And here's a wider shot to give a sense of the size and habit. It's a fairly large plant and probably about a foot high. And the branches are dark but not woody.


So any guesses on what it's called. It's going to drive me crazy until I remember.

2 Comments:

At 6:24 AM , Blogger Gordie said...

It looks like a Helleborus, sometimes called Christmas or Lenten roses...though they're not related to roses. The mulch has covered the growing center of the plant, though it certainly looks happy.

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think that's it! Thanks so much Gordie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home