Wednesday, December 03, 2008

There's no place like home

Well I'm back home again and I would love to have a day to decompress and poke around the house but I have a long dentist appointment again today. It was a good gig but I'm glad to be back in my own little space. I'm definitely not taking a walk today. I won't have time anyway but tomorrow is supposed to be warm so I'm going to try to take a nice long one then. It will be nice to set my own pace. The pup had a tendency to want to take really long sniff breaks so the exercise factor was somewhat diminished.

The big excitement of the whole gig was the night a huge freaking bug followed me into the house. I mean it was four inches long and black. I thought at first it was a spider but on closer inspection, I realized it was some kind of cricket even though it didn't make any noise. It had long legs and it hopped. Someone with a video camera could have made a fine YouTube of me chasing it around the kitchen with a glass and a towel trying to catch it.

I suppose I could have just smooshed it with my shoe, but I'm funny like that. I don't like to kill things if I can help it. I usually rescue spiders too.

Oh, and on the ride home last night I pass through a lot of farms and got to see the planets. They weren't in that perfect triangle with the moon anymore but they were visible for most of the ride and sometimes it looked like I was going to ride right between them. The stars look bigger down here somehow. It was a nice end to the gig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home