Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm a little groggy today having inadvertently spent half the morning sleeping. Usually the sun coming through the window or the kids hollering outside would have woken me up on a holiday but here the bedroom is dark and the neighborhood as quiet as a national forest in winter. My mind is still clinging to vague dreams that I can't quite remember but still feel haunting the far corners of my consicousness.

I'll be having dinner with the family so I'm thankful for that and I'm thankful for my new PJs. They are indeed cozy and warm. I'm thankful for this gig, to feel like I'm doing useful if only for a week. By the end of it I should be back in better shape again.

Hoo boy am I feeling muscles I forgot I had today. I didn't have time to change into my sneakers yesterday so walking a mile and a half in clogs has taken its toll. I'm practically hobbling. I'm thankful the weather is going to break and it's going to be warm today and tomorrow. It will help.

And of course, I'm thankful for you dear readers, who bear with me through my morose whining and inattention to this place and celebrate the good moments with me as well. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with good food, great company and your favorite football teams all win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home