Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The sun is my lightbox

I'm in my annual state of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I don't do well when there's so much dark. Since I don't have a light box anymore and can't afford one, I try to sit out on the deck in the mornings and grab the rays before the sun moves out of range. It's a small window of time.

In the summer I get sun until about 11:00, when I don't need it. In the winter, when I do, it's gone by 9:00am. Still it helps even though it's been freezing here the last couple of days. It looks like it's going to stay unseasonably cold too. But it's hard to complain too much. Thirty degrees here, even with the wind chill factor isn't nearly as cold as thirty degrees up north with that arctic air blasting. Same arctic air, but it seems to lose it's freezing power by the time it gets all the way down here.

It may be my micro-climate is especially good here for some reason. I saw on the news that the big city to the south had snow flurries yesterday. There was nary a flake out here in the country. I was glad. I kind like snow this time of year but I'm not at all ready for it just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home