Thursday, November 13, 2008

On the bright side

I don't know how many miles it is, but it's about a 35 minute drive to my dentist. Luckily my car is fuel efficient and it doesn't cost too much in gas to get there and gas is much cheaper in the big city. I paid $2.19 and the going rate around here is about $2.39. Usually it's a bigger difference, as much as 30 or 40 cents.

But what really pays for the trip is the day old bread store. They carry the same high fiber bread I was paying almost four bucks a loaf for at the grocery store really cheap. Last time I hit on the daily special and got 2 loaves of nearly fresh bread for a dollar. The deal wasn't so good yesterday but still I scored a couple of loaves, which was all I could fit in the freezer anyway, for $1.39. What I save in sandwich costs pays for the gas and then some. So there's that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home