Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm a loser

I just got the call to tell me I didn't get the job I applied for. They gave it to some grad student instead.

I'm not surprised. I didn't think the interview went that well. There were three partners and two really liked me, but the third one clearly didn't and she seemed to be in charge. But at least she called me. Most of them don't bother.

I suppose it's just as well. The job didn't pay enough to barely cover the rent here and it would have just complicated the search for something better. I'm trying to think of this all as a test of my belief that the universe gives you what you need, and not necessarily what you want. And as I always remind others, nothing bad lasts forever.

Still, it doesn't feel great to be rejected. It's weird, all my life I've been offered almost every job I've applied for. I've had to turn down jobs because I took something else. That feels a lot better than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home