Friday, November 14, 2008

Hired

Well someone finally hired me for something. I got a gig yesterday to house/dog sit for six days at the end of the month. Nice neighborhood about 20 minutes from here. It's even more remote than this place but it's closer to the big city and the dog is really sweet. He's a 13 year old Jack Russell, the short kind so he's really tiny. We bonded instantly.

The couple are very nice people. It occurred to me on the way home I didn't even get their last name but they were thrilled to find me. They picked me out of 100 people who called. Hired me on a handshake on the spot. They don't even care about checking my references. That's the reaction I'm used to getting when I try to find work.

So it's not much of a job but it was good for my self-esteem and it's a start. Who knows, maybe it will turn into a business. The last time I started with one gig like this and half the neighborhood ending up wanting to hire me. I got so many offers I had to turn some down. One lives in hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home