Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good stuff

Thanks to everyone who has been calling and emailing and sending me cards lately. I appreciate the moral support. Sometimes when you don't hear from anyone for a while, you wonder if people are avoiding you because you're such a loser that you can't find a job. It really helps to just hear, or see, a friendly voice once in a while.

It's been cloudy for the last couple of days and I've really been missing the sun but the good news is it's been warm as springtime. I've had the heat off and the window open, even at night. It was so warm the other night I slept in just a tshirt because I was too hot in my pajamas. Love that. The cold front is moving in this morning though. We're supposed to get some kind of big storms this afternoon and the temperature will drop again, but it was nice while it lasted.

Those of you know me well might remember that I'm legendary for breaking crockery. Well, I haven't broken a thing since I got here four years ago, but I finally ended that winning streak a couple of days ago. I managed to drop my favorite glass bowl into the sink and shatter it. That was sad but I'm thinking it may have been a blessing in disguise. I used that one all the time to nuke food and it was so old, for all I know it was full of lead. I'm sure it was made before they worried about such things and on the bright side, I still have all my old pyrex bowls that I love just as much.

Meanwhile, my mouse has been screwed up since I came back from dogsitting. This has happened a couple of times before. It's a miracle that it lasted this long really. It's the orginal mouse that came with the computer. I can't even remember when I bought this thing, probably in 02.

It's happened a couple of times before. The roller stops working and you have to really work to move the cursor. I do the usual stuff, clean the ball, blow out the insides and nothing works but then it's fixed itself just as suddenly as it stopped working. I'm thinking some loose piece inside falls into place or something. So far, it's still not quite right this time, but it seems to want to fix itself again. It's working a little better in the last day or so. I hope it does, because I'm not sure they even make a mouse that will plug into the back of the hard drive anymore. On the bright side, it's forced me to use the keyboard shortcuts more. That's probably good in the long run. I'm much too mouse dependent and using the shortcuts will probably save me some time.

And now back to the want ads... Maybe Santa will bring me a decent job for Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home